What We Believe
BBC Statement of Faith
The members of Believers Bible Church believe:
1. The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
2. In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
3. That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. (John 10:30; John 14:10, 16-17; Luke 1:26-27, 2:6-7.) He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. (1 Corinthians 15:3-6; 1 Timothy 2:5-6.) He arose bodily from the grave, ascended into heaven, where He now sits at the right hand of God the Father. He is now our High Priest and Advocate. (Luke 24:6-7; Acts 1:9-11; Ephesians 1:19-21; Hebrews 2:17; 4:14; 1 John 2:1-2.).
4. That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ (John 16:14), and during this age to convict people of sin, righteousness and judgment (John 16:7-10), to regenerate believers (Titus 3:5), and to indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service (John 14:16-17, 26; 15:26-27; 16:13).
5. That mankind was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27) but fell into sin (Genesis 3:11-13). In his natural state, mankind is lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained (Titus 3:5).
6. That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only basis for the justification and salvation for all who believe. Only those who believe in Jesus and are born again can become children of God (Romans 1:16-17; John 1:12-13).
7. That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age (1 Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 2:38). They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation, but an outward sign of inner transformation.
8. That the Church is composed of all persons who through faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ. (Ephesians 4:4-6).
9. That only those who are born again, and therefore members of the universal Church, shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
10. That Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church (Ephesians 1:22-23).
11. In the premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” should have a vital bearing today on the life and service of individual believers (Revelation 22:20).
12. In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting punishment (John 5:28-29; Acts 24:15).
13. Marriage is a God ordained institution between one man and one woman that requires marital fidelity. (Genesis 2:4; Romans 7:2; Matthew 19:4; 1 Corinthians 7:19; Ephesians 5:23).
14. God has gifted mankind with sexual intimacy to be practiced only by a husband and his wife within their marriage. All other forms of sexual behavior—including adultery, promiscuity, homosexuality, bestiality, incest, bisexual conduct, and pornography—are sin and not approved by God. (Genesis 2;24; 19:5, 13; 26:8-9; Romans 1:26-28; 1 Corinthians 5:1, 6, 9: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; and Hebrews 13:4).
15. Men and women are spiritually equal before God, but God has ordained distinct and separate functions for men and women both in the home and in the church. The husband is to be the leader of the home and men are to be the leaders of the church. (Galatians 3:28; Colossians 3:18; 1 Timothy 2:8-15; 3:4-5, 12).
16. That God created mankind in His image: male (man) and female (woman) (defined as an individual’s sex as objectively determined either by genetics or physiology present by or before birth), sexually different but with equal personal dignity. Members should affirm their biological sex and refrain from any and all attempts to physically change, alter, or disagree with their created predominant biological sex — including but not limited to elective sex-reassignment, transvestite, transgender, or non-binary “genderqueer” acts or conduct. (Genesis 1:26-28; Romans 1:26-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
 Statements 14, 15, and 16 were added to our statement by vote on March 20, 2022